Matthew John David Hancock
Current Position In Government:
Current Position In Circus:
Acrobat – Will he continue to soar? Or plummet back down to earth?
Best Known For:
Making an app of himself (no, really)
His family’s software company, then Economist at Bank of England.
View On Brexit:
Says that Brexit can only be between a deal or no Brexit, because no-deal would not be allowed by Parliament. Suggested an Irish border council to resolve backstop. Open to extension.
100/1- The Times, 11/06
— Matt Hancock (@MattHancock) June 10, 2019
- Seen as a youthful face for the Tories at a time where they are haemorrhaging youth votes
- Progressive, modernising
- Shows a real passion for what he does – seems to be one of the more less cynical politicians in the race
- Youth not always a positive – hasn’t had the time to develop real clout as a politician
- Not good under interview pressure – had some pretty cringe-worthy interviews following May’s Withdrawal Bill defeats
- Recently wore a white t-shirt tucked into jeans, while wearing a jacket. This is unacceptable on all levels
Little Matty Hancock is being touted as the future of the Conservative Party, and it’s reasonably easy to see why – he’s basically David Cameron-lite.
He seems to be in politics to make a difference rather than play the political game, making him seem like less of a manipulator than some of his rivals.
However, this is probably too much, too soon. Another one to watch for the future.
Please help to support Between the Lines by:
- Liking, commenting on or sharing articles;
- Following or recommending us on Facebook;
- Following us on Twitter;
- Donating on Patreon;
- Or following Between the Lines via Email.